Sunday, January 13, 2013

Show your school pride!


Last March I made this little sign for a Church activity I was going to. I put a lot of research into it.Before I started my project, I googled the official font for the University I went to. It was really neat to see the different options and learn more about my Alma Mater. 

After I figured out the font, I grabbed a piece of scrap wood I had and painted it blue (one of the school colors). 




I then use my Silhouette Cameo to cut out "NAU" in vinyl and used it as a stencil. I pained NAU in Gold (the other school color). It did take a few coats to fully cover the blue. 



Final product. I did take some ink (from a stamp pad) and rub it on the edge a little too).

Sadly, I needed to learn how to put the stencil on straight, haha, but I love how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment